Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Executive Office - Unique situation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank Executive Office - Unique situation

I have a credit card with Citibank that was closed by the bank but I'm still paying it online through the Citibank website.

I sent an email to the CEO Michael Corbat about a goodwill removal of three late payments and a possibility of re-opening my account since I am paying it on time and four days later I get a phone call from the office.

Late payments - no go. Bank error only they said. This seems to be a theme on this board with Citibank.

As far as re-opening my account, they would have to do a hard pull. I am in the stages of rebuilding and still have some baddies to take care of.

What should I do? I have been a Citibank checking customer for going on 11 years (one of the reasons I think they are allowing me to pay the card online). I don't want another hard pull on my account and they could easily reject the re-open. I was just happy that I got a call back that soon.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citibank Executive Office - Unique situation

A hard pull does not have high impact on scoring, and any impact is gone after one year.

I would not balk at a hard pull in order to get the account reinstated, particularly if they are giving the benefit of the original open date.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.