Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank - GW appears to have backfired

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Citibank - GW appears to have backfired

Hello Fello Rebuilders,

Well, I guess I should have left well enough alone. I sent a GW letter to Citibank, in hopes of getting a 30-day and 60-day late from summer of 2012 removed. I did not dispute the accuracy of the info at all, instead was just very honest about what took place. Being almost three years old, I guess I should have left it alone.

Citibank has now placed the comment of "Consuner Disputes Account Information" within the TL of all three CRA's. It does not appear to have any impact on my scores, however stating that I dispute the account information is not accurate.

Any suggestions as to what I should do or should I not be concerned about these comments?

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citibank - GW appears to have backfired

@EW800 wrote:
Hello Fello Rebuilders,

Well, I guess I should have left well enough alone. I sent a GW letter to Citibank, in hopes of getting a 30-day and 60-day late from summer of 2012 removed. I did not dispute the accuracy of the info at all, instead was just very honest about what took place. Being almost three years old, I guess I should have left it alone.

Citibank has now placed the comment of "Consuner Disputes Account Information" within the TL of all three CRA's. It does not appear to have any impact on my scores, however stating that I dispute the account information is not accurate.

Any suggestions as to what I should do or should I not be concerned about these comments?

While in dispute certain aspects of the TL are not included in Fico score, if you are not apping for a mortgage anytime soon I would not even worry about it. The comments can be removed with a call to the CRA, you just tell them you no longer dispute.

Message 2 of 6
EW800
Valued Contributor

Thank you gdale. I do not plan on applying for a mortgage anytime soon, so I will just leave it for now. Just to confirm, the CRA would remove these comments? I woudnt be Citi that has to do it, since they placed it there?

Thanks again, as always!
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@EW800 wrote:
Thank you gdale. I do not plan on applying for a mortgage anytime soon, so I will just leave it for now. Just to confirm, the CRA would remove these comments? I woudnt be Citi that has to do it, since they placed it there?

Thanks again, as always!

You can get them removed yourself, Citi doesnt have to do it.

Message 4 of 6
EW800
Valued Contributor

Thanks!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called to have comments removed all 3 CRA told me I had to call the creditor to remove, they said they couldn't do it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.