Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank charge off removal problems

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank charge off removal problems

So I'm trying to get a charged off and a paid for less charged off from my credit. Both where paid and have letters to prove it and they said they would remove it from my credit. I have called them and they said they have nothing to do with it because it went to collections. I called the collections and they said they don't do credit, only collections. I getting really mad and they just keep sending me for a loop. Anyone know who to call or what to do. I'm being forced to move and I am trying to buy a house. Thanks
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citibank charge off removal problems

@Anonymous wrote:
So I'm trying to get a charged off and a paid for less charged off from my credit. Both where paid and have letters to prove it and they said they would remove it from my credit. I have called them and they said they have nothing to do with it because it went to collections. I called the collections and they said they don't do credit, only collections. I getting really mad and they just keep sending me for a loop. Anyone know who to call or what to do. I'm being forced to move and I am trying to buy a house. Thanks

If you have papers that state they will remove the entry on your credit file then I would suggest you file a BBB complaint against the entity who is still reporting after they agreed to remove it. If the BBB doesnt get it resolved then you file a CFPB complaint. If you paid the CA and they agreed to remove that doesnt obligate the OC to remove these are two distinct entities who control their own entries on your CR, you would have had to get an agreement to remove from each one of them.

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.