Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank update

So I sent multiple Goodwill letters in reference to $8 charge that my wife forgot due to health issues. Never late on anything her entire life (50 years). It was handle by "Sears presidential team" who responded by treating it as dispute! So not only did they not care about her history or circumstances they made it worse by adding negative comments. They have called again but haven't talk with them yet. Apparently doesn't matter how many letters you send system is coded alerting them it's been addressed. I have informed citibank/Sears we will never do business with them again.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citibank update

Not all disputes are negative, sometimes you may have a fraudulent charge on an account or an accidental double charge and you dispute it directly with your bank, they may add a dispute to your account history on the credit report but the payment history is still clean. 

Sometimes, GW letters can result in disputes being added and those disputes will remain on file even if they remove the negative information. 

Did they add negative comments? I had dozens of student loan lates removed (30/60/90/120+) Those 4 accounts have closed disputes and that consumer disagrees but the accounts now show as never late, they just have blank months with my payment history. Helped with scores and with my mortgage. 

I dunno, thats my experience, maybe they are actually negative but hopefully they do remove the negative information for you. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.