Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank updated how long to reflect

tag
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Citibank updated how long to reflect

So I have beengoing round and round with citibank that I recently paid off. They all of a sudden reported ot as a charge off 120 day late account. It never was. I just talked to them again and as of march 1st they say ot was corrected. How long until it reflects on my credit reports? I want to pay to pull them again but wanted to wait until I get this and a recent successful gw to delete a collection updated.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citibank updated how long to reflect

I would not wait on their terms, timetable, or promises.

Send them a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8), and put them under a statutory 30-day period to complete their investigation and report back direclty to you.

They are required, if they cannot verify the accuracy, to promptly delete the inaccurate reporting. 

Message 2 of 5
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

I do have an attorney I am in the process of getting my credit report too. I have to refax it again tomorrow. I will have her do that for me. I get free legal services through my employer so we are going to go through my reports and I am going to decide what to have her deal with for me and what I want to do onl my own. I did have success with one gw letter to delete a paid collection but citibank has been a nightmare. Especially since I know this one is wrong.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpmyscoreinFL wrote:
I do have an attorney I am in the process of getting my credit report too. I have to refax it again tomorrow. I will have her do that for me. I get free legal services through my employer so we are going to go through my reports and I am going to decide what to have her deal with for me and what I want to do onl my own. I did have success with one gw letter to delete a paid collection but citibank has been a nightmare. Especially since I know this one is wrong.

Stories like this almost make me glad I didn't get the Citi Forward card I applied for yesterday.

Message 4 of 5
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

It was a home depot card that was converted to a Citibank visa if you look in Google there are a ton of complaints for incorrect reporting
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.