Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City tax lien

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

City tax lien

Hello. I recently had a personal property tax lien against my vehicle for a city tax of about 200. It was open less than a week before I paid it and it was releases. I have two questions. 1. Will this small lien have a long lasting affect on my credit score (7 years)? And 2. Should I have requested a withdrawal of the lien?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: City tax lien

PS my current credit is 680 with discover and chase 5% back cards and boa world points card. I am just worried BC I want to buy a house in the next 3 years.
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: City tax lien

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello. I recently had a personal property tax lien against my vehicle for a city tax of about 200. It was open less than a week before I paid it and it was releases. I have two questions. 1. Will this small lien have a long lasting affect on my credit score (7 years)? And 2. Should I have requested a withdrawal of the lien?

Paid tax liens typically remain on file for up to 7 years post paid date and they will affect your Fico score the entire time they are on file. Yes you want to request a withdrawal of the lien for it to be removed immediately from your CRs.

Welcome to the My Fico family Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.