cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil Judgement Discharged in Bankruptcy still showing on TU ~6 years after the BK...

tag
GiveJoy
Contributor

Civil Judgement Discharged in Bankruptcy still showing on TU ~6 years after the BK...

Should it still be there? It is not showing on my EX or EQ reports, only TU. The screenshot is from Credit Karma but I checked my FICO reports on the same day and it's also only listed for TU. I feel like I'm being more than double penalized for the bankruptcy with the BK showing as a public record plus the 4 judgements included in the BK. If it should not be there, how do I go about getting it removed?

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 3.04.32 AM.png

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Civil Judgement Discharged in Bankruptcy still showing on TU ~6 years after the BK...

@Cutie-Mama wrote:

Should it still be there? It is not showing on my EX or EQ reports, only TU. The screenshot is from Credit Karma but I checked my FICO reports on the same day and it's also only listed for TU. I feel like I'm being more than double penalized for the bankruptcy with the BK showing as a public record plus the 4 judgements included in the BK. If it should not be there, how do I go about getting it removed?

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 3.04.32 AM.png

No, BK does not erase the court record, it only discharges the debt.  However, those will be gone from your reports in a few months anyway. Getting them removed now is not likely to improve scores anyway as the BK and the much more recent Tax Liens will far outweigh the judgements. Just let them fall off and work on more recent items.

You can ask TU for early exclusion in December.

Message 2 of 3
GiveJoy
Contributor

Re: Civil Judgement Discharged in Bankruptcy still showing on TU ~6 years after the BK...

Thanks! How do you know when they will fall off? Can you explain how you know that? I don't know how all this works, so I'm trying to learn.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.