Regular Contributor
hopeful5

Civil Judgement

Have a civil judgement (NJ courts) for $1824 filed in 08/2005 - what is the best way to go about clearing this up. 
We did it...closed 1-28-10
Contributor

Re: Civil Judgment

I recently had a civil judgment in IL removed(Feb. 10, 2009).  I settled on a payment w/ the OC.  I completed a Satisfaction(Release) of Judgment form, and had the OC sign off on it.  Once I had the Satisfaction of Judgment form, I filed a motion to vacate the judgment.  That was it.

It was completely free.  You should be able to obtain the Satisfaction forms online.  I know court forms seem intimidating, but they are fairly easy to complete.  As far as the motion, I simply went to the Motion Counter at the courthouse, and they gave me a sample form to review so I could complete mine.  The whole process from settling with the OC and getting the judgment vacated took 1 1/2 months.

Good luck

Starting Score: 719
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+