Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification/Education Needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clarification/Education Needed

As everyone knows, Im in the middle of trying to untangle student loan issues. I went and dug through some old files, and found a few screen prints from my online student loan account with WF. And sure enough, those two loans are on that list. I also found a few "deferment applied" letters from WF as well. 

Can you guys help me with one question that I still have not been able to figure out?

If all my loans were with one servicer (Wells Fargo) and Wells Fargo granted a deferment on my loans, why did 2 of my loans with Wells Fargo end up in collections? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clarification/Education Needed

I would call WF and ask.  Typically deferments only have a duration of 6 months, at which point you need to apply for another one if you are eligable.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clarification/Education Needed

Yes I have done that and was told they would research and follow up with 24-48 hours. That call never came. I stayed on top of my deferments like clock work and was always in good standing with WF. Never had lates or overlaps were I wasnt covered. Back then, before I even had time to figure out how it happened, my wages were garnished. Then I got laid off and was out of work for  quite a while, so garnishment ceased, and they went into default status. (That year is sort of a blur) 

I did receive my paperwork to begin rehabbing the loans. It just seems unfair that it got to default status to begin with. My loans went from Wells Fargo, to ACS, to Navient. All without issues. Except for these 2 specific loans. I feel that they should have been transferred with the rest that are still in good standing today. 

It just frustrate me. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.