Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on Pre-Hippa Process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clarification on Pre-Hippa Process

I am about to send the pre-hippa letters for three different accounts (same service).

1. The one shows as Account information disputed by consumer (I am not sure at what point I disputed this, maybe when I was talking to the CA)

2. The second one I paid to the CA but need to have it deleted (does not shown paid yet).  Have not Verified yet

3. The other still shows past due.

I am willing to pay them so I can fix my credit score.  Eventhough I should not becasue those were tests i did not approve

My question is: Will the Pre-hippa process work for the three accounts or have i ruined my chance with the first two.  And if so what should I do?

Thank you,

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Clarification on Pre-Hippa Process

@Anonymous wrote:

I am about to send the pre-hippa letters for three different accounts (same service).

1. The one shows as Account information disputed by consumer (I am not sure at what point I disputed this, maybe when I was talking to the CA)

2. The second one I paid to the CA but need to have it deleted (does not shown paid yet).  Have not Verified yet

3. The other still shows past due.

I am willing to pay them so I can fix my credit score.  Eventhough I should not becasue those were tests i did not approve

My question is: Will the Pre-hippa process work for the three accounts or have i ruined my chance with the first two.  And if so what should I do?

Thank you,

HIPPA process works if you read up about it and follow the procedure. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will follow the process exactly but

Will it work for the first two cases? 

Paid account to CA

Disputed account

Thank you for your fast response.

Message 3 of 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

You can remove the dispute by contacting the CRA's. 

As long as it is medical it does not matter if paid the OC or the CA.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are truly a SUPER CONTRIBUTOR!

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do you find the Pre-HIPPA process?

Sorry, I'm new to the forums and have searched everywhere for the process. I understand most of the posts have been deleted about this. Could you point me in the right direction?

Message 6 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Where do you find the Pre-HIPPA process?

Sorry, I'm new to the forums and have searched everywhere for the process. I understand most of the posts have been deleted about this. Could you point me in the right direction?

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Do an internet search about the HIPAA process and you'll find lots of information out there.

Good luck to you.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much, I found the website that explains that goes into depth.

Another question, (and I will be reading the forums as well to search for this answer):

Should I even bother doing this process if I have an unpaid account from a CA for a medical bill? It was 2.5 years ago in Texas. If I should proceed, do I contact the original creditor, aka the ambulance people and try to pay through them? I spoke on the phone a few months ago with the President of the CA as it is a relatively small agency, and he would not budge for Pay for Deletion, in fact, he was pretty mean about it. In the end I did not end up paying them because they wouldn't remove it regardless.

Now I'm reading about HIPAA and hoping I have a silver of a chance of removing this collection.

Also, a little bit more information - I did not know about this bill until the CA started calling me every day. I had no idea what this charge was for as I confused this bill with another one. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Since they have recordings of conversations with the CA, am I at a severe disadvantage?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.