cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification re: Requests for Early Deletion & GW for lates

tag

Clarification re: Requests for Early Deletion & GW for lates

My apologies in advance if there is a thread I have missed that will address my concerns (if so, can someone please share the thread link with me?  Thank you kindly!).

1)  Husband and I have two CO's (settled & paid) that are scheduled to fall off early next year.  From what I've read here, we can try to request for early deletion when we have less than 6 months to go.  My question:  since my husband was the primary account holder and I was an AU, do we both need to send requests for early deletion, or will my husband's letter, if successful, work for my reports as well? 

2)  We have a number of CC accounts on our CR that are closed, paid in full and still reporting.  A few of the accounts have some 30/60/90-day lates from 2008 which, I assume are still hurting our score.  Although these are scheduled to fall off sometime next year, how does this affect the reporting, since CC's still report for 10 years after the account was closed?  Is this worth trying to send a GW letter for?

Hopefully these questions make sense.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Clarification re: Requests for Early Deletion & GW for lates

1.  I would assume that both of you would have to send letters since it is on both of your reports.  Not 100% sure so someone else can chime in on the matter.

2.  Positive accounts will remain on your report for 10 years.  If you have a few lates from 2008, personally I would leave them alone in fear of sending a GW may remove the TL entirely.  Late paymentsdo less damage as time goes on and have very minimal negative impact past the 2 year mark.  

Message 2 of 10
Teardrop
New Contributor

That early deletion has only been working for Transunion.  Equifax and Experian have not been giving people 6 months of early deletion.  That is my understanding anyway from reading the threads.

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/31/2014 - No apps while waiting to apply for home loan!
Starting Score: EX 640 EQ 593 TU>592 Lender Pulled 3/30/2014
Goal Score: All Scores 730+

Message 3 of 10
growing123
Regular Contributor

@liveandlearn2014 wrote:

My apologies in advance if there is a thread I have missed that will address my concerns (if so, can someone please share the thread link with me?  Thank you kindly!).

1)  Husband and I have two CO's (settled & paid) that are scheduled to fall off early next year.  From what I've read here, we can try to request for early deletion when we have less than 6 months to go.  My question:  since my husband was the primary account holder and I was an AU, do we both need to send requests for early deletion, or will my husband's letter, if successful, work for my reports as well? If you were only an AU, then you should be able to have the account deleted now (if reporting on your CR).  Tell the CRA's that you were only an AU and not responsible for paying on the account. 

2)  We have a number of CC accounts on our CR that are closed, paid in full and still reporting.  A few of the accounts have some 30/60/90-day lates from 2008 which, I assume are still hurting our score.  Although these are scheduled to fall off sometime next year - Yes, the lates will fall off 7yrs from each occurrence, how does this affect the reporting, since CC's still report for 10 years after the account was closed?  Is this worth trying to send a GW letter for? - the 90 day late is definitely worth sending a GW, as this is a major derog and hurts score for most of the 7 yrs. as far as I know. 

Good luck with everything!!  I'm doing the same as far as sending out GW's.  Persistence is key!!

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 4 of 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Teardrop wrote:

That early deletion has only been working for Transunion.  Equifax and Experian have not been giving people 6 months of early deletion.  That is my understanding anyway from reading the threads.

Experian says 30 days and I haven't tried with Equifax.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 10
d170
Regular Contributor

I tried contacting equifax via online chat for early deletion and the rep acted as though she had no clue what I was asking. She told me I needed to contact the person reporting ask ask for early deletion. They fall all next month, I just wish I knew when. I want to apply for a CLI with my CU and they want them gone. If anyone can help me as well, I'd appreciate it. (Sorry for thread jacking) not my intent. 

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 6 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@growing123 wrote:

@liveandlearn2014 wrote:

1)  Husband and I have two CO's (settled & paid) that are scheduled to fall off early next year.  From what I've read here, we can try to request for early deletion when we have less than 6 months to go.  My question:  since my husband was the primary account holder and I was an AU, do we both need to send requests for early deletion, or will my husband's letter, if successful, work for my reports as well? If you were only an AU, then you should be able to have the account deleted now (if reporting on your CR).  Tell the CRA's that you were only an AU and not responsible for paying on the account. 

2)  We have a number of CC accounts on our CR that are closed, paid in full and still reporting.  A few of the accounts have some 30/60/90-day lates from 2008 which, I assume are still hurting our score.  Although these are scheduled to fall off sometime next year - Yes, the lates will fall off 7yrs from each occurrence, how does this affect the reporting, since CC's still report for 10 years after the account was closed?  Is this worth trying to send a GW letter for? - the 90 day late is definitely worth sending a GW, as this is a major derog and hurts score for most of the 7 yrs. as far as I know. 

Good luck with everything!!  I'm doing the same as far as sending out GW's.  Persistence is key!!

+1.  The AU accounts should be disputed on your CRs as "not mine" or "not responsible"

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 10
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

@liveandlearn2014 wrote:

1)  Husband and I have two CO's (settled & paid) that are scheduled to fall off early next year.  From what I've read here, we can try to request for early deletion when we have less than 6 months to go.  My question:  since my husband was the primary account holder and I was an AU, do we both need to send requests for early deletion, or will my husband's letter, if successful, work for my reports as well?  To get it off yours now..simply write them a letter(Cra) and simply state account # listed  is "not mine" please remove the entire tradeline. And it will be gone off yours now.

2)  We have a number of CC accounts on our CR that are closed, paid in full and still reporting.  A few of the accounts have some 30/60/90-day lates from 2008 which, I assume are still hurting our score.  Although these are scheduled to fall off sometime next year, how does this affect the reporting, since CC's still report for 10 years after the account was closed?  Is this worth trying to send a GW letter for?

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 8 of 10

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@growing123 wrote:

@liveandlearn2014 wrote:

+1.  The AU accounts should be disputed on your CRs as "not mine" or "not responsible"

Thank you for the feedback...had no idea this was even an option!

Message 9 of 10
growing123
Regular Contributor

@liveandlearn2014 wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@growing123 wrote:

@liveandlearn2014 wrote:

Thank you for the feedback...had no idea this was even an option!

You're welcome!  Keep us updated!

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.