Not applicable

Re: Clarity Services HP

ok ok. .geesh..

well they're all locked anyway as of the day i got that notification

Message 11 of 16
tschaet
Regular Contributor

If you try to do an online dispute with Experian, it will allow you to see your report and which company requested the inquiry through Clarity Services.  Mine came up as Money Messiah, which I had never heard of and definitely didn't authorize.  I explained this to Clarity Services and they sent a request to all three bureaus to have it removed.  They also sent me a letter stating this.  TransUnion and Equifax removed it, but Experian didn't respond to them.  I noticed it still there like 2 months later.  I had to upload their letter in a dispute to Experian and Experian removed it in a couple of days.  

$1700$2000
5/2022 Credit Karma Scores:

April 2022 FICO Scores:

May 2022 FICO Scores:
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thank you! i have never ever had to do a dispute before so im clueless

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

well.. experian was NO help.. inquiries arent disputible?! i have to wait till i get the info from clarity services then work with them to figure out why they pulled my report etc.. ok whatever!

Message 14 of 16
tschaet
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

well.. experian was NO help.. inquiries arent disputible?! i have to wait till i get the info from clarity services then work with them to figure out why they pulled my report etc.. ok whatever!

Yeah, they will tell you you need to contact the entity that posted it to your report.  You'll need to dispute it directly with Clarity first. 

If you want to know who posted it to your report through Clarity, you can "initiate" a general dispute online with Experian and it will let you view your credit report.  Just click through the inquiries and expand the Clarity Services one.  Check the name and then don't hit submit on anything.  Then tell that name to Clarity and how you don't know that company and didn't authorize it.  They moved quickly for me.  

Once Clarity confirms that it shouldn't be on your report, they will alert Experian.  You can also take the letter from Clarity and upload it to Experian or call them and talk about it.  If you have a letter, then they'll be more willing to listen.  They just want you to go to the entity who posted it first.

$1700$2000
5/2022 Credit Karma Scores:

April 2022 FICO Scores:

May 2022 FICO Scores:
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes ive already clicked on the clarity services and it doesn't say any name.. experian told me i CANNOT start a general dispute online for inquires( thats why i called because it wouldn't let me)

so oh well i'll just wait for them to send me the info!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.