Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Action Lawsuit against Midland notification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Class Action Lawsuit against Midland notification

I didn't receive the postcard (I've moved since they bought the debt).  It's since been paid, and set to come off my credit reports in November.  My number qualified, and I filed a claim. Hoping something becomes positive of this negative debt! 

Message 21 of 58
toi34
Established Contributor

Thanks for this info and for proving the link! I didn't get a postcard, but one of my old cell numbers qualified. Midland was forced to remove an old T-Mobile collection account after I filed a CFPB complaint around the time of that FTC lawsuit against T-Mobile for "cramming" charges. 

I'll take a few bucks from them....I hope that $15,000,000 hits their bottom line hard!

Message 22 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the post card and started to fill out the claim. I don't remember if I gave a phone number or if they called me without consent. I've been paying $50 a month to pay off the debt. Should I still file a claim? I've never been involved in anything like this. Is it legit?
Message 23 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a legit class action. Signing up can't hurt. You might get some of your debt forgiven.
Message 24 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received this postcard and have not filled it out yet. I have 2 accounts currently with Midland that are due to fall off in Feb. and March of 2017. One is $344 and the other is $689, both well over what the charged off amounts were, of course. 

Message 25 of 58
SirTilus
Contributor

Today I filled out the claim for my wife and I because we remembered getting harassed by them all the time on our mobile phones...just so happens that we received the postcards today! Let's see what happens...
Message 26 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone heard anything from this lawsuit?  I expected they would call soon after.  I haven't heard anything....

Message 27 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure when we would hear anything it says on the websire, Final Approval Hearing:

Scheduled for August 26, 2016 at 9:00 a.m.

So I'm guessing maybe after that. I don't know.

Message 28 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

With class actions you usually just sign up and somewhere down the road receive a check in the mail. I have never had anyone reach out to me by phone.
Message 29 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my post card!!!
I'm going to call midland tomorrow n ask them what's up. I've had a paid off collection with them for awhile now that I tried to get a GW adjustment on but there being total jacka**es. I'm gonna tell them I got a post card and ask what's happening, tell them how much I care and I can't believe this! Then see if they will goodwill it. It's going to be the highlight of my week I think! I may even call them a few times. It will be like my credit one goodwill letter! HISTORICAL!! 😂😂😂
Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.