cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean late payments by paying everything off ?

tag
joeyinc

Clean late payments by paying everything off ?

I know this is long shot , but I heard this from a friend. That in some cases it is possibe to get your late payments removed if you just pay everything off. I have only one account with major late payments on it and that is hurting me a lot

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Clean late payments by paying everything off ?

@joeyinc wrote:

I know this is long shot , but I heard this from a friend. That in some cases it is possibe to get your late payments removed if you just pay everything off. I have only one account with major late payments on it and that is hurting me a lot

That would be awesome if it worked. I have three or four cc with $0 balances and they still show lates from 2011...I also have an auto loan that was paid off in 2009; still showing mucho lates from 2008. UGH!!   You could try to send a GW letter requesting removal of lates since you paid it in full and haven't been late in a while. 

Its worth a try...good thing is, it may take a while, but those lates go rolling off and have less impact on your score as time goes by. Keep at it! 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.