Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning up Addresses on Experian?

tag
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Cleaning up Addresses on Experian?

Experian has every address I have lived at for the past 28 years. The online dispute process only allows a dispute as "I have never lived at this address". Is there a time limit on addresses and can I send a dispute letter to EX as outdated or is that an improper dispute? I've only removed addresses that I have never lived at in the past.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cleaning up Addresses on Experian?

upinflagstaff wrote:
Experian has every address I have lived at for the past 28 years. The online dispute process only allows a dispute as "I have never lived at this address". Is there a time limit on addresses and can I send a dispute letter to EX as outdated or is that an improper dispute? I've only removed addresses that I have never lived at in the past.

I have several bad addresses on my CR and I don't even bother with them. It won't help or hurt either way. However, if you have an address that is way off (like KS if you live in NY) then I probably would scour the reports for any funny accounts or inquiries.
Message 2 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

my experian report has all kinds of weird combinations of my name & past addresses.  i don't like having that information on there because it makes it seem as though i'm trying to commit fraud or something by using these variations.  but i have heard they really don't care (experian), & won't remove any of it.  even if none of your creditors are reporting your information that way.
Message 3 of 8
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

I was able to get all of the obviously wrong addresses removed - even the mistyped ones.

I have five variations of my name - with my middle initial, my full middle name, and incorrect middle initial and TTE (for trustee) and one that looks like my last name first, and one variation of my ssn (one digit is wrong). It was primarily the addresses that I was looking at removing. If a CA uses an old address to send mail to, they can say I never responded... assuming they would even try this, but they are a particular kind of individual that.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have 3 addresses listed on EX 1 is my current address and the other 2 is an address from the state of TX which i have never lived. I disputed with EX and it comes back verified. When i called EX they said it was tied to a ford motor credit acct....And to make the matter worse the 2 mystery addresses in TX belong to a restaurant???????
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your name should always be correct also your address.......A dispute should be opened to make these corrections!!!

Old addys will not be deleted if there is an OC reporting!!!

If an OC is reporting and you never lived at that addy......contact the OC and ask why they are reporting your name, addy and SS #  when you never lived at the addy and never had an account with them. If they have no records .......send them A dv  cmrrr!!

If they do not answer.....there is a letter to send to the CRAs reporting

If they answer make them prove that it is your debt.............with the proper paper trail you can send them an *ITS* letter. And follow through with a lawsuit!!!

It may take time but it can be done!!

Message 6 of 8
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

I can only dispute as "never lived there" online. Is it your recommendation to mail a letter disputing that these addresses are "not mine"?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Experian, if you look at your accounts, they will have an address identification # listed. Any addresses not being currently reported by creditors can be removed.

I wouldn't dispute them as not mine, I would just list them all out and ask Experian to remove them as they are years old and no longer valid, no creditors should be using those addresses.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.