Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning up credit and then new collections account alert showed up, sigh

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleaning up credit and then new collections account alert showed up, sigh

Just a short little vent, been doing great trying to get my credit all cleaned up.  Had a few collections accounts that I successfully was able to have removed, and another I paid but wasn't removed.  I am trying to get my one good revolving account added to all three CRs (was only on 2 since I opened the account in 2005).  I also had a judgement taken off that was not mine.

After all that I get an alert about a new collections account today.  It doesn't have any information listed so far except balance and partial account number.  I have no idea what it could be from the balance and I know it can't be anything recent (within 3 years).

I did get a phone call the other day from Capital One trying to collection on an account but once again it was something of my fathers.  I'm just hoping that isn't what this is.  Some how Equifax has managed to add most of his information to my CR during the disputing of the judgement.

I really don't care if all this started to show up next year as I'm having a custom home built right now and am looking to finance a new vehicle about 6-12 months or so after that closes.

So this is really just a vent for now because it seems as soon as I let the LO do a hard inquiry for the preapproval, and working on that judgement, collections are seeing that and jumping in to get their piece of the pie.  But would an OC or CC really wait until they see a hard pull to try to slap old stuff on the CR?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.