cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning up my credit report - Questions

tag
jodie3134

Cleaning up my credit report - Questions

Our Chapter 7 was discharged over 2 months ago.  Last night I used Annual Credit Report to get our free copies of our reports so I could analyze them and determine if there were any changes that needed to be made.

It was interesting to me that our largest account that we included in bankruptcy was missing from both mine and my husbands reports (All 3 of them).  I'm going to keep an eye out in case it reappears, but is this normal?

There was one account on my husbands Transunion that was listed as delinquent instead of Included in Bankruptcy.  I used their online dispute process last night and it was already resolved today... although instead of updating the status, they deleted it all together from his report. 

On my experian and equifax reports, I noticed that a few of the accounts that were included in bankruptcy were marked as so, but had late payments reported in the months following our filing date.  So... we filed in September, but in October and November it was showing 30 and 60 days late and then charged off.  I was never late on a payment on those accounts prior to our filing date.  Can I dispute these?  I was under the impression that once we filed, the creditors could not report after the filing date. 

Also, there is an account that we closed in 2008.  For some reason it is showing as included in bankruptcy... even though we closed it 4 years prior.  Should I dispute this? 

Thanks for your help... I want to get this cleaned up so we can move forward.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.