Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning up some negatives/collection

tag
James82
Regular Contributor

Re: ....Re: Cleaning up some negatives/collection

Just a bit of an update. I ended up just paying the full amount to the new CA since I had the money and didn't want to take any chances. I couldn't get anything in writing that they don't report but I didn't want to pass up working with the rep that was on my account. I just hope she was right about not reporting and only reporting to Check Systems. We'll see. I just got a bad feeling about the original CA and what I read about other transactions they've done.

How long should I give for the original CA to stop reporting? The newest CA took over the account the beginning of September and I paid 9/25. Received receipt for pay off as well.

Starting Score: EQ 574 - 08.28.13
High Score: EQ 714 (10/18/13) EX 686 (1/6/14) TU 664 (1/6/14)
Current Score: EQ 686 - EX ____- TU ____

Message 31 of 37
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: ....Re: Cleaning up some negatives/collection

I don't remember if you already did but, I would send the first CA a DV now.

Message 32 of 37
James82
Regular Contributor

Re: Cleaning up some negatives/collection

I never did, i can send one out next week. Would this basically make then update their files?

Message 33 of 37
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they no longer have the debt they should delete.  Closing it and reporting a 0 balance is not good enough according to the reporting guide.  It must be deleted.

Message 34 of 37
James82
Regular Contributor

I'm going to call them today and tell them that it was sent to another CA and when they will be deleting it from my report since they are no longer the ones collecting on the account. I won't tell them anyting about me paying it. I'll see how that conversation goes...... I don't want to mail them anything because the PFD I sent last time "they never got" even though they're in the same city.

Message 35 of 37
James82
Regular Contributor

I really hate talking to this place. After I asked the lady when they would stop reporting on my credit since the collection was moved to another CA she replied with some strange answer about it'll be listed as closed and 0 balance. I told her no...... since it was changed to another CA the would have to delete their collection attempt from my reports. She then answered, yes, it's showing your account with us as being cancelled.

I doubt it.... Why wouldn't she say that in the first place and she never even asked my name or anything? I'm sure they have called ID but still......

Guess I just send out that DV now.

Message 36 of 37
James82
Regular Contributor

I asked our mortgage lender if I could have the credit reports they pulled on 10/2/13 for the refinance and he sent them over. It looks like the collection agency has stopped reporting it! I could not find it reported on either of my reports. Looks like that is handled! Is that something that should update on Credit Sesame or Credit Kharma? I'm not interested in their scores but it's nice to see what is happening with the reports.

Down side is that I tried to open an account with a credit union today at lunch and was turned down because it's showing in Check Systems as unpaid. I have to bring my receipt to them Monday to confirm that I paid it so I can open an account.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.