Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear Spring collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear Spring collection

Just looking for another perspective on this, I guess.

Made tremendous progress on rebuild, executive summary in my signature.  The only thing holding me back, if it's holding me back at all, is this Clear Spring paid collection that's only listing on Experian.  I believe that's keeping my AmEx from getting the CLIs it should be getting, because I believe they pull from EX. 

It was a GMAC mortgage that experienced some problems back in 2011.  The actual mortgage went late around May 2011, I guess they opened this "collection account" in October so that the rest of the mortgage could stay current.  It's now showing as a paid collection.  I'm afraid to do anything to draw attention to it, such as dispute, request EE, or even request good will removal, lest they start reporting it to the other two bureaus, with whom my score is in the low 700s (675 with Experian, I'm assuming due to this).

Any thoughts, suggestions, avenues I hadn't thought of?  I guess if I completely ignore it, it should go away in a bit over a year.

I thought about locking EX, but it seems the only path to doing that these days it to sign up for their upgraded service, 24.99/month after first month 4.99.  But that'll only stop new accounts anyway, not the soft pulls I need from Amex.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.