Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close, but No Cigar with Verizon

tag
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Close, but No Cigar with Verizon

I have a paid C/O with Verizon from 2009. Yesterday I emailed their CFO to see if I could get them to withdraw their negative reporting (which would normally continue for about another year). A few hours later I got a call back from a very nice woman who seemed to be part of his executive response team. She took my account information and said she'd get back to me.

Today, she called back and said that he and his SVPs had reviewed my account to see if any errors were made. She said since they found no errors, there was nothing they could do. Her explanation was that their approach was that "If we did voluntary deletions for some customers, we'd have to do them for all customers, and that's not our policy, so there's nothing we can do." I asked her if I could call back in 6 months, and she said they weren't expecting to be making any changes. The only thing she offered was that usually they start the deletion process 2-3 months ahead of the fall-off date, so I could call back next April to see if I could get it removed a couple months before the July fall-off date.

So, no dice - but I got closer than I have before. Anyone out there had better luck with Verizon? (Verizon Communications, not Wireless). Also if anyone else wants the email address I used I'm happy to share in case you want to take a swing with your own account. It does sound like if anything is wrong with your reporting, this person could definitely help.

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dumb_elephant
Established Member

Re: Close, but No Cigar with Verizon

Hi Jamex - can you PM me the contact?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Close, but No Cigar with Verizon

@Jamex wrote:

I have a paid C/O with Verizon from 2009. Yesterday I emailed their CFO to see if I could get them to withdraw their negative reporting (which would normally continue for about another year). A few hours later I got a call back from a very nice woman who seemed to be part of his executive response team. She took my account information and said she'd get back to me.

Today, she called back and said that he and his SVPs had reviewed my account to see if any errors were made. She said since they found no errors, there was nothing they could do. Her explanation was that their approach was that "If we did voluntary deletions for some customers, we'd have to do them for all customers, and that's not our policy, so there's nothing we can do." I asked her if I could call back in 6 months, and she said they weren't expecting to be making any changes. The only thing she offered was that usually they start the deletion process 2-3 months ahead of the fall-off date, so I could call back next April to see if I could get it removed a couple months before the July fall-off date.

So, no dice - but I got closer than I have before. Anyone out there had better luck with Verizon? (Verizon Communications, not Wireless). Also if anyone else wants the email address I used I'm happy to share in case you want to take a swing with your own account. It does sound like if anything is wrong with your reporting, this person could definitely help.

You dont need to call the creditor for the early exclusion they dont send requests to remove their entry to the CRA, they report the DoFD to the CRA and its the CRAs job to exclude the account at the proper time. You would call the CRAs asking them to exclude the account early, it can be done by phone or mail and you would do it with TU 6 months in advance and the other 2 CRAs 2-3 months in advance.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.