cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close to closed off and charged off accounts

tag
viitalbk

Close to closed off and charged off accounts

So I am trying to conquer paying off my debts (as everyone else is here, and thank you to those who are in great places with their credit and helping others!!!)  I have two accounts that are close to being charged off or closed off... Both are coming off on May 2015 - One is from Asset Accept for 1000, and one is from GE Money Bank 2,572 (these are the most outstanding balances) I have 5 more that are under 400$  one of which I just paid off and I have to call the company tomorrow to ask about it coming off my credit.  Anyway, I'm wondering if I should pay these two ones off that are coming off in May 2015? Would it increase my score? Would it just look good? Is it worth it? 

Thank you in advance

EQ - 613
TU - 575
EX- 609

Goal - 700
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Close to closed off and charged off accounts

They could still be basis for denial of future credit even though not discovered via a pull of your CR.

Yes, there is still potential advantage to pay debt even though it is no longer showing via a derog in your credit report.

Message 2 of 3
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: Close to closed off and charged off accounts

One of my two collections on TU dropped on the 14th and now only the Midland shows up (reports on all three). The collection that dropped was only on my TU, so my score (even if its FAKO) went up 10 points...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.