Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Account Hit my XP today - 30 pt hit

tag
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

Closed Account Hit my XP today - 30 pt hit

Well, I have worked two years to keep my credit clean and am a bit dismayed.   Today, I login to XP to find my score dropped 30pts from a closed account from Verizon.   It's an old FiOs account that wasn't paid.   Long story short, I owe this, it wasn't paid when it should have been and now I have to figure out what I can do here.  It is showing up on my XP only at this point and am hoping it stays to only this CRA.

My questions are as follows:   

1)   If I pay this off in full this week, will I get the 30 points back?   It's not showing up as a charge off, but a closed account.  Not sure if there is a difference at this point.

2)  Has anyone had to deal with Verizon before and have any success with a PFD?

3)  I opened 2 new accounts recently, this shouldn't effect those, correct?

Thanks in advance....

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed Account Hit my XP today - 30 pt hit

@MortgageMinded wrote:

Well, I have worked two years to keep my credit clean and am a bit dismayed.   Today, I login to XP to find my score dropped 30pts from a closed account from Verizon.   It's an old FiOs account that wasn't paid.   Long story short, I owe this, it wasn't paid when it should have been and now I have to figure out what I can do here.  It is showing up on my XP only at this point and am hoping it stays to only this CRA.

My questions are as follows:   

1)   If I pay this off in full this week, will I get the 30 points back?  Not if its a derog account in any way. It hadnt been updated in awhile and its updating is what is dropping your FIco, it will have to begin to age again once its paid. It's not showing up as a charge off, but a closed account.  Not sure if there is a difference at this point.

2)  Has anyone had to deal with Verizon before and have any success with a PFD? Very few have PFD success with Verizon but it doesnt mean you dont try.

3)  I opened 2 new accounts recently, this shouldn't effect those, correct? Hard to say, if this drop caused Fico to go below 620 there could be some AA.

Thanks in advance....

Message 2 of 3
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

Re: Closed Account Hit my XP today - 30 pt hit

The Verizon account was current until November, we moved and started service elsewhere, my wife and I thought the other paid the bill. Big mistake. Thing is I never received a bill or DN.  I would have gladly paid it in full if they had ever sent me a bill.

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.