Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Accounts...

tag
koky
Frequent Contributor

Closed Accounts...

I think this might help me understand my last post... Let's say One has an old closed account which had lots of Derogatory entries, after GW letters sent OC decides to change Derogs to Positives... Will this impact the score even though it is a closed account and now reporting as Never Late???
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Closed Accounts...

Yes it will help you if they change it even if the acct is closed.

Message 2 of 8
koky
Frequent Contributor

Okay so this goes back to my first Post... That is why I am frustrated... Or is it Rebucketting??? I doubt...
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@koky wrote:
Okay so this goes back to my first Post... That is why I am frustrated... Or is it Rebucketting??? I doubt...

There wouldn't be any rebucketing because of the baddies remaining.

Message 4 of 8
koky
Frequent Contributor

Ok... @Illec of you have any super natural spirits help me understand... Thought I Was going to get to 700 by June, but from the look of things....... IDK...
Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@koky wrote:
@Anonymous... @Illec of you have any super natural spirits help me understand... Thought I Was going to get to 700 by June, but from the look of things....... IDK...

Let's avoid cross-posting for the same issue, namely that one SL. You mentioned CapOne and other SLs at 180. IMO, I think you can hit 700 by June. Anything is possible. Have you attempted mailing any GWs to the SLs and CapOne? Anything else potentially holding you back? How is your mix of credit? If you have any CCs, how is utilization?

Message 6 of 8
koky
Frequent Contributor

I don't have any CC Just got a SCC paid cash for everything...
Message 7 of 8
jimbro

I have two closed CC accounts on my credit report from 2000. One was closed by me and the other was closed by the creditor becase I never used it. I'm wondering if these are still seen as a negative even though they were closed with $0 balance and no derogatory items?

Thanks 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.