cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Barclay's shows past due after close date?

tag
reno55
Regular Contributor

Closed Barclay's shows past due after close date?

I noticed on my Barclay's account Equifax is showing the account closed in Feb 2016 which Barclay's closed it on it's own. I then took their offer to reduce interest for 1 year and vastly reduce my payments to get it caught up. 

The issue is they are showing past due/missed payments for June and July 2016. 

Can Equifax report past due/missed payments AFTER the close date?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed Barclay's shows past due after close date?

If the payments were late, yes they can. Were the payments late? 

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Closed Barclay's shows past due after close date?

Closing an account is a step taken by creditors to prevent further possible damage by terminating the ability of the consumer to continue to increase the debt balance.

It does not terminate delinquency, prevent the debt from become more delinquent, or terminate the continued reporting of increased delinquency.

You can, if making a formal agreement to repay delinquency, obtain agreement of the creditor not to continue to report increasing account delinquencies provided you continue to comply with your repayment agreement.  Absent such a condition in your repayment plan, they can continue to report increased delinquency and/of a charge-off.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.