cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed BoA CC's, 0 Balance, Several Lates -- What To Do?

tag
kaybean22
Valued Member

Closed BoA CC's, 0 Balance, Several Lates -- What To Do?

I don't know why I didn't look at these two accounts sooner, but I have two BoA cc's that were closed in 2009. They each have MANY lates, both with a few 90's -- which is why I had to close them to set up payment plans. They each have a $0 balance.

What should I do with these? I figure the lates have affected my credit to some extent, but how much? BoA hasn't reported the accounts since 2012. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Closed BoA CC's, 0 Balance, Several Lates -- What To Do?

I would just leave them alone so they don't update and hurt your scores.  You are six years out and they will fall off at seven years.  You can ask for early exclusion from the CRA's and start getting them deleted between six months and three months early based on the individual CRA you ask.

BofA is not good about doing goodwill deletions.  

Honestly if it were me, I would just leave well enough alone and go for early exclusion starting at 6.5 years past the DOFD.

Message 2 of 5
kaybean22
Valued Member

Ok, maybe I've just had a long week/weekend, but....

Do ALL tradeliness (not just CO's) fall off after 7 years from DOFD?

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Exclusion of reported monthly delinquencies is not based on DOFD.

Monthly delinquencies become excluded no later than 7 years from their indvidual dates of occurence.

DOFD is relevant ONLY to the exclusion of a reported charge-off or collection, and begins the 7 year plus 180 day maximum exclusion period. for a CO or collection only.

If they did not report a charge-off or refer for collection,they were not even required to have reported a DOFD. See FCRA 605(c) and 623(a)(5).

It thus will not be of record in your file if only monthly delinquencies were reported.

Message 4 of 5
kaybean22
Valued Member

@RobertEG wrote:

Exclusion of reported monthly delinquencies is not based on DOFD.

Monthly delinquencies become excluded no later than 7 years from their indvidual dates of occurence.

What the...I had 2 30's in 2009, it was closed July 2009 and its reporting a 90 and 120 in 2011.

Dispute?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.