cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Capital One with missed payments.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed Capital One with missed payments.

Hey all,

So I don't typically check my credit that often but here I am because I'm curious if this account is worth contacting Capital One over. This was my first credit card and if I remember correctly I had a zero balance on the card but this particlar card had a $15 annual fee that they would tack on and for some reason I forgot and the card went deliquent. It's hovering on 5 years since the account was flagged as such even though it had maintained a zero balance since 2009. I'm not really sure how much this might be impacting my credit so I thought I would ask. I'm at 725 at the moment but I also just paid down 10k in revolving of which only half has reported in as zero balances / paid in full. My credit history is running at about 9 years of history at the moment and I've never been delinquint on my cars, house or student loans. I should drop below 30% util this month and to 1% by fall. 

So I'm curious if I should even bother with this or if trying to have it removed would only hurt me. It's my oldest credit card entry but when I look at my account history (as in credit history) this particular account does not show. Not sure what to do... Goodwill letter attempt perhaps?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Closed Capital One with missed payments.

If the card is not showing the derog under your payment history, then it is not being considered in scoring.

They may not have ever reported the late to the CRAs, they may have reported and then later deleted, or if the delinquency was 7 or more years ago, the CRA would now have excluded it from your credit report.

Is the entire account not reporting, or just the payment history delinquencies?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed Capital One with missed payments.

I think you are right. In digging deeper it appears that while the card is showing on the report when I go to delinquent items it shows none. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.