cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Collection accounts reporting 1mo late ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed Collection accounts reporting 1mo late ?

Anyone have experience with Ability Recovery Services, they are repeating two accounts as closed with a pay status of late ? My reports say time since last late 0.1yrs . I called the CA and the guy said oh we discharged them on 12/24 my report says last updated 12/1 I haven't seen any alerts saying there have been changes to my CR . What should my next move be , give it time to update or what ? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Closed Collection accounts reporting 1mo late ?

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone have experience with Ability Recovery Services, they are repeating two accounts as closed with a pay status of late ? My reports say time since last late 0.1yrs . I called the CA and the guy said oh we discharged them on 12/24 my report says last updated 12/1 I haven't seen any alerts saying there have been changes to my CR . What should my next move be , give it time to update or what ? 

Usually takes more than 2 weeks to update CR's

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Any collection is,, by definition, on a delinquent account until the debt is discharged of the collection closed.

Debt collectors dont report late status as a separate reporting.

Payment rating is reported under an OC account, and records the highest prior level of delinquency.

I would suspect that the reference to a payment status/rating is taken from the OC account.

If paid, the collection should show closed, paid, $0 balance remaining under collection.  There is no addtional status they report.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, I didn't mention I just recently filed for bankruptcy and was discharged on 12/4/15. I was thinking that all my other discharged collection debt was reported with an unknown payment status and closed that , those two accounts should be reporting the same as well or removed since they can no longer collect on the debt . Is my thinking wrong ?
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Removal is not required.  The debt collector is required to close the collection and update the balance under their collection to $0.

Without seeing your report, it is unclear as to how the debt collector is reporting a one month late.

Debt collector reporting is retained in a separate segment of your credit file called the K-segmane, and codes are not provided for reporting of monthly delniqurncies.

As long as the collection is closed and update to $0 balance, it is likely correct.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.