Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Collection on TU

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Closed Collection on TU

Hey Folks.  New question for y'all.  Quick background.  Got a $291 collection on TransUnion (Security Credit Services).  Scheduled to go away 2/17.   I called TU for EE.   She said it already has been taken care of.  I was like, really?  SO, I refresh my report, at TU website.  Still on there.  On my last CK update, this Collection is in the Closed column.  My question is should I call TU again and specifically ask that this be DELETED as it clearly hasn't been yet?   Is a  'Closed' Collection no longer factored in my score? Thanks again guys. Y'all are the best!

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Closed Collection on TU

Reporting of closed does not per se result in exclusion of the collection from scoring.

Closed means that the debt collector has reported that they are no longer pursuing collection on the debt.

It is required once a debt has been paid or collection authority has been terminated, either by termination of assigned collection authorty if they dont own the debt, or thier sale of the debt if they owned it.

Have you paid the debt?

If not, then do you have any documentation that the debt collector has, in fact, had their collection authority terminated?

If you have not paid and have documentation of termination of collection authority, CRA policy is that the debt collector should delete their reported collection.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.