cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Collections??? PRA/Midland/Calvary and ERC!

tag
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

Closed Collections??? PRA/Midland/Calvary and ERC!

Ok so I took the advice of going to Credit Check Total, hubhy's scores are higher than credi.com and credit karma!  Experian score 554  TransUnion 556  EQ 546

Looking at his reports I am seeing his collections closed on 1 or 2 of the CRA's.  If they are closed, why are they still being reported on?  I just filed a CFPB complaint on Midland as they are trying to collect over $1000 and according to FINGERHUT it's $794!  Also Midland has the OC as WebBank, so that's wrong as well!!!

Any advice on how to remove it since they are closed??

Starting all over again!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Closed Collections??? PRA/Midland/Calvary and ERC!

Reporting of closed means they are no longer actively collecting.

It could be because the debt has been satisfied, which closes further collection, or because they no longer have collection authority, and the debt remains unpaid.

In the former case, the collection is not required to be deleted.

However, if the collection is closed and the debt has not been paid, the debt collector should, based on CRA policy, delete ther colllection.

Why is the collection closed?

Message 2 of 8
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Reporting of closed means they are no longer actively collecting.

It could be because the debt has been satisfied, which closes further collection, or because they no longer have collection authority, and the debt remains unpaid.

In the former case, the collection is not required to be deleted.

However, if the collection is closed and the debt has not been paid, the debt collector should, based on CRA policy, delete ther colllection.

Why is the collection closed?

Thanks Robert.

Hasn't been paid and I don't know why they're closed.  In my complaint to CFPB I included screen shots.  It has payment history, it has 1 month terms, it has open status on TU and closed on EQ and EF and they are trying to collect for more than the OC has and they have the wrong OC. LOL Talking about Midland.

The other's have the same, but not the wrong amounts. 

I just checked my reports/scores on credit check total and PRA is closed on 2 EQ and EF and open on TU and not paid off either.

So they should be deleted because they are closed??  I'll get on this right away if that is correct. 

Starting all over again!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

WebBank is the issuer of Fingerhut credit
Message 4 of 8
dawnm72174
Regular Contributor

@kennerchick wrote:

Looking at his reports I am seeing his collections closed on 1 or 2 of the CRA's.  If they are closed, why are they still being reported on?  I just filed a CFPB complaint on Midland as they are trying to collect over $1000 and according to FINGERHUT it's $794!  Also Midland has the OC as WebBank, so that's wrong as well!!!

The OC is correct on Midland's collection. Fingerhut and Gettington CCs are backed by WebBank. Also, interest can, and usually does, continue to accumulate on the balance, even when an account is sent to collections and/or charged off. If you still have it, check your Fingerhut credit contract.
sorry Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 8
dawnm72174
Regular Contributor

Beat me to it Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@dawnm72174 wrote:

@kennerchick wrote:

The OC is correct on Midland's collection. Fingerhut and Gettington CCs are backed by WebBank. Also, interest can, and usually does, continue to accumulate on the balance, even when an account is sent to collections and/or charged off. If you still have it, check your Fingerhut credit contract.
sorry Smiley Sad

Nope I don't have it for hubby's.  I don't get how the fees can add up to $300 and they haven't budged since when they purchased the debt! Now it's a closed account, so they can't collect on it and it's not paid off, so it should be removed.  I'm hoping CFPB sees it that way too.

Can't be on a collections is monthly terms, payment history and it's there!

Starting all over again!
Message 7 of 8
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Op, was curious how you made out with pra?
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.