Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Credit Card Accounts

tag
westo12
Established Contributor

Closed Credit Card Accounts

I have two credit cards that are showing Paying As Agreed, but in the description/comments show Closed.  Is this comment negatively affecting my score?  Or is all I care about is the Paying as Agreed part?

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Closed Credit Card Accounts

"Paying as agreed" connotes an open account in good-standing.

A closed account in good-standing has no obligation for any "paying."

Thus, it does appear a bit contradictory, but if reported as closed, I dont really see any potential confusion on the part of one reviewing your CR.

They most likely simply failed to update the status when the account was closed.  It is probably having no  substantive effect on your scoring, as both open and closed accounts are scored in your AAoA and lenght of credit history.  I dont see an impact, just a minor inaccuracy.

Message 2 of 3
westo12
Established Contributor

Re: Closed Credit Card Accounts

@RobertEG wrote:

"Paying as agreed" connotes an open account in good-standing.

A closed account in good-standing has no obligation for any "paying."

Thus, it does appear a bit contradictory, but if reported as closed, I dont really see any potential confusion on the part of one reviewing your CR.

They most likely simply failed to update the status when the account was closed.  It is probably having no  substantive effect on your scoring, as both open and closed accounts are scored in your AAoA and lenght of credit history.  I dont see an impact, just a minor inaccuracy.

YES, I know it's contradictory, ergo my confusion/question. This credit card is actually OPEN, but still reporting on two of the bureau's as closed.  You commented on this issue here - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Does-a-credit-card-company-HAVE-to-report-to-....  

Now, I'm just a little leery of them closing my account again and I lose 4+ years of positive history.  I've been trying to be patient and not piss them off and work with their reporting department directly.  :/

EQ is reporting, $794 bal/$809 limit - Current Status says "Paying as Agreed", Comment says "Account closed by credit grantor". 

EX is reporting, $794 bal/$809 limit - Current Status says "Closed/Never Late", Creditor's Statement says Account closed at credit grantor's request.

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.