Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Credit Card Due to NSF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed Credit Card Due to NSF

Hello Everyone, I am hoping for the best advice to help get my account reopened.

My synchrony Old Navy card was closed due a NSF returned payment. The thing is I did not schedule or authorize that payment and I called the customer service representative and let her know that I did not schedule the payment and that it would be returned and I was assured it would be ok and then 3 weeks later I get a letter stating my account is being closed. I have now found out that a close friend, well ex friend has hacked my accounts and been attempting to sabatoge my information. I have have had my bank accounts hacked and it's all related to this person. The issue is I am still held accountable for something I did not do as their customer. I have been a customer for almost 10 years without any issues. I have now been directed to send my dispute from my bank to the payment issue department and any supporting documentarion to hopefully get some luck on that end. Please help I need answers and don't want my account closed and affecting my credit for something I did not do.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed Credit Card Due to NSF

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello Everyone, I am hoping for the best advice to help get my account reopened.

My synchrony Old Navy card was closed due a NSF returned payment. The thing is I did not schedule or authorize that payment and I called the customer service representative and let her know that I did not schedule the payment and that it would be returned and I was assured it would be ok and then 3 weeks later I get a letter stating my account is being closed. I have now found out that a close friend, well ex friend has hacked my accounts and been attempting to sabatoge my information. I have have had my bank accounts hacked and it's all related to this person. The issue is I am still held accountable for something I did not do as their customer. I have been a customer for almost 10 years without any issues. I have now been directed to send my dispute from my bank to the payment issue department and any supporting documentarion to hopefully get some luck on that end. Please help I need answers and don't want my account closed and affecting my credit for something I did not do.

Did your ex friend admit to this? If you have supporting documentation proving this, I would file a police report and file a lawsuit against you ex friend.

Start with a complaint with your police department.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Closed Credit Card Due to NSF

Since the issue relates to a billing matter on a credit card, I would file a dispute under the Fair Credit Billing Act, which has more stringent periods and requirments, including the production of factual records, than disputes under the FCRA.

Be aware of the 60-day timeliness requirment for disputes under the FCBA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.