Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Credit Union ... negative on report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed Credit Union ... negative on report

Hi there! We have an old (transfered/sold) tradeline from a credit union. This specific tradeline has 9 lates (4-30 day, 5-60 day)on it. The credit union which owned it is no longer in business. I was wondering if it would be worth it to try to dispute the lates or just leave it be? The reason I ask is because I imagine since this credit union no longer exists, the entire tradeline will likely be deleted from our credit report since it cannot be verified and I have no idea if this would be good because of the lates recorded or if it would be bad to go ahead and delete a tradeline that also has some good payment history. Thoughts? Our credit scores are below. 

Husband:

Equifax: 687

Transunion: 689

Experian: 675 

Mine:

Equifax: 596

Transunion: 598

Experian: 583

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed Credit Union ... negative on report

MyFICO does not advocate disputing accurate accounts. If there are inaccuracies in the reporting, have at it. Depending on the age and thickness of your file, your could be reducing your AAoA, but IMO, cleaner is always preferable.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.