Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Ikea card still reporting

tag
09REX
Established Member

Closed Ikea card still reporting

So I have no idea what to do about this one.

I have an Ikea card that has been closed for a couple of years, that is still reporting to TransUnion. It has 1 30 day late on it. I sent a round of goodwill letters about 2 weeks ago and today when I did my daily pull I saw this:

Old : Closed

New: Dispute of account information/closed by consumer

So there are three things wrong with this account

1. It has been closed and should not still be reporting as if it was open, and only does so to TU

2. I was not disputing account information, I sent a goodwill letter

3. The card was closed because Ikea stopped having a credit card

Suggestions on what to do next?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: Closed Ikea card still reporting

Not unusual things would get messed up.  I have a few like that where the intention went went south after challenging incorrect reporting. 

For me I left it messed up because it can always get worse and usually does.

Message 2 of 9
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

It seems like GW's often get mixed up with disputes. I have a secret suspicion that its an intentional attack on GW'ers, but thats unfounded.  Some people have success with starting their letters out with "THIS IS NOT A DISPUTE."  Are you still able to contact them by phone?  If so I would give that a shot and see if you can address the dispute then follow with the good will attempt.

Message 3 of 9
starry1
Valued Contributor

Wasn't that a GE card?  I'd call one of the backdoor numbers and speak to a human being.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 4 of 9
09REX
Established Member

Yea it is/was a GE card.

Weird that it only reports to TU too.

Message 5 of 9
09REX
Established Member

Interesting...

The status changed again. Without me doing anything. I have not called or sent out any letters, but this morning I do my daily pulls and found that it is changed back to :

Account closed by consumer

Any idea why they removed the dispute part?

Message 6 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

If in fact you did closed the card with a late of 130 days. It will stay as a adverse account for up to 7 yrs then become a positive TL for 10 yrs from the date closed.

Message 7 of 9
09REX
Established Member

Ikea disolved thier partnership with GECRB

During the time I had one card, I had (1) 30 day late in Jan 2010.

I sent a Goodwill letter at the begining of the month. Around the 7th, They marked my account as: Dispute of account information/closed by consumer

Then today I see it has changed to: Account closed by consumer

So I was trying to figure out why they changed it's status/comments twice in 2 weeks.

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The status comments have no impact on your score. If you want it reported as closed by credit grantor, write them a letter and ask them to please show it as closed by them.

As stated, the 30 day will late will fall off 7 years from its occurence and become a positive account staying for up to 10 years from date closed.

That 30 day late is not really impacting your score now.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.