tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Closed? Maybe?

I have a dispute that came back from Equifax - 

bothmidlands.png

WHY DOES IT SHOW IT IS OPEN?!?!?!?!

but have a date closed?? 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed? Maybe?

"Open" in that field refers to the account type. It doesn't mean that the account is opened or closed.

Message 2 of 5
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Wouldnt the type be collections or something?

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@BadCredBen wrote:

Wouldnt the type be collections or something?

It refers to an account that is payable immediately.   ETA...and I'll add that if you pull your EQ FICO report, you'd find it in the Accounts page vs. the Collections section. In any case, lenders still would know that it is a collection (due to the status code) as would FICO.

Message 4 of 5
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Oh, you are right, it does show up under accounts... makes sense now Smiley Tongue 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.