Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Revolving acct

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed Revolving acct

Hey Guys, quick question. Should a closed revolving account still count towards my UTI? The account isnt charged off just closed for further purchases. If it is should i request to have the account reopened?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed Revolving acct

I would advice closing a revolving account with a 0 balance only. If it's closed with a balance. Pay it off asap.
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The status of an account as opened or closed only determines whether you can contnue to add charges to the account.

It does not affect the inclusion of the current balance in your % util.

Was the account closed by the creditor or upon your request?  Is it currently delinquent?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account is current with 2 late payments over the last year. It was a toolbox I purchased for work. I closed it when I left that job because my new job pays for my tools.

Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

If it is current, I think it likely does count towards the utilization snd you'll want to pay that, as it can effect not only utilization percentange, but scores.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your right, last month paid 250 towards balance when the Min. payment is 70. Scores went up about 7 points.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.