Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed an account...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed an account...

... and my score dropped by like 15 points across every CB. I thought you retained your AAoA after you close an account. It was only a $500 SL. Any idea how long I before I recover? Unfortunately, there's no option to reopen the account because it's one of those Amex oasis deals.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed an account...

@Anonymous wrote:
... and my score dropped by like 15 points across every CB. I thought you retained your AAoA after you close an account. It was only a $500 SL. Any idea how long I before I recover? Unfortunately, there's no option to reopen the account because it's one of those Amex oasis deals.

What does your util look like?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zero. Completely zero across the board. I have $20 balances on all of my cards until one of them reports so I can have a small balance on just one card. But as of now, there are no balances reporting on anything.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Zero. Completely zero across the board. I have $20 balances on all of my cards until one of them reports so I can have a small balance on just one card. But as of now, there are no balances reporting on anything.

That's probably why it dipped a bit. One sub 10% balance should pull it back up.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Was the score a FICO score?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, so that's the thing.  My balances have been at zero for a while.  About a month to be exact.  The only change was AMEX reported as closed and they dropped.  I'm sure it'll go up a little when my UTI increases, but the reason for this drop seems to be this account closure:

I did recently open up a bunch of cards (listed below).  Penfed, NFCU, BOA and Chase with HP's to go along with them.  Also a couple with the SCT with soft pulls, but I know it dropped my AAoA.  I took the hits on those as you can probably see from the scores in my signture compared to my scores now... but I was letting everything settle at a zero balance for a while before I put a small balance on the card to up my UTI.  Before I could do that though, this happened.

Those are fico scores from here.

Capture.JPG

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.