Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed car loan, 1 late...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed car loan, 1 late...

One last negative left on my report, one 30 day late payment on my closed car loan account...

can these be removed?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: Closed car loan, 1 late...

You can send GW letter.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 9
grizley

I tried that myself recently. Sent company a goodwill letter from an.example i found on the forum here, was very clear it was not a dispute but they decided they would respond in a follow up letter that it was a frivolous dispute and would no longer correspond with me on the subject. They added...actually added 5 lates that i know i wasnt late on to the account. The account was closed in 2012 so i no longer have receipts of these payments. Company is Heights Finance.

Message 3 of 9
grizley

Posting from phone and hit wrong button. Oops. So now i have what shows as a recent late payment even though the payments were from 2012 and dropped my score 32 points. Makes me feel like my efforts are all for naught. C'est la vie

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest reporting them to both BBB and CFPB, and include your goodwill letter in the documentation. You can do a direct dispute with the OC if the CA will no longer respond, or if they are verifying incorrect information. I think its a FCRA '623' dispute?

Sounds like a pretty sleazy operation.

Message 5 of 9
eric19k
Established Contributor

30 days late has low impact on your scores over time.
60, 90,120 thats what really affects whole 7 years.
Try calling them and explain. If they won't budge I would do what NormanFH suggested
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want to be abrasive with them. I can't be sure I wasn't late.

I think a polite goodwill is the best way then right?
Just send it through mail?

Or are phone calls ok for goodwills
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who was the lender? I had success getting Toyota to remove a 30 day late from a couple of years ago. Find the contact of a top person and fax, mail, and email them. Be really polite, remind them of your otherwise good payment history with them, explain why it is so important to you to have the late removed (you are hoping to buy your first home, want to qualify for another car and hope to go through their company.. etc.), and be tell them how much you appreciated their services and how you apologize for not being 100% reliable customer. Worked for me!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify, my above advice was to grizley for the lender adding additional lates and calling it a frivoulous dispute when it was a simple goodwill request.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.