Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed collections

According to wallet hub alert today the 2 collections that I'm paying a settlement on and another I settled on are now reporting as closed collections, what exactly does that mean and is that good or bad? Two are for Lvnv and other afni
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Closed collections

A closed collection is a statement by the debt collector that their collection is no longer active...i.e., not being pursued.

It usually means that their collection authority is no longer valid, such as either due to termination by the creditor if they are an assigned debt collector, or sale of the debt if they are the owner.

The one that was already settled should already have been updated to closed since a paid debt is no longer under active collection.

The one that is not yet paid may have a terminated collection authority.  I would call the debt collector and inquire as to whether they still own the debt, or whether your payments should now be made to a new owner.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.