Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed my Blaze account - right thing to do hmmm

tag
professorr
Regular Contributor

Closed my Blaze account - right thing to do hmmm

So I have built up my credit, still some issues but I did the Legacy, Blaze, Show, First savings, Credit One route and have had them for 2 years.  But seeing that $75 annual fee for a $350 CL on Blaze just bothered me.  I called and they offered $25 off the fee but said no thank you and asked for a supervisor to see if more could be done.  Same thing, so I asked him to close it and that they'll waive/refund that annual fee (which they do if you close it)  

So with a push of a button he closed it.

So which is more important?  closing it becuae of the annual fee  or keeping it and paying the annuall $75 to improve credit?  (my legacy, show charge $75 too and I'll call to get them reduced.)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Closed my Blaze account - right thing to do hmmm

You still have multiple revolving, and the account will continue to be score in your AAoA (unless they choose to delete their account).

All you have lost is the $350 CL as part of your combined CL, and thus a small effect on % util.

Saving $ trumps, im my book.

Message 2 of 4
professorr
Regular Contributor

yeah, thats how I look at, saving $$ trumps.  I have 2 Capital One, barclays.  I can see paying for the service but only for so long.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@professorr wrote:

yeah, thats how I look at, saving $$ trumps.  I have 2 Capital One, barclays.  I can see paying for the service but only for so long.

Exactly. Thats why they are called Starter cards, once you get started and get better cards, you close them out.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.