cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed sub prime and only store card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed sub prime and only store card.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Store cards are still revolvers in the eyes of most lenders.  A good mix would be bankcards (revolvers) along with a charge  card (AMEX PRG for instance) plus a few installments as you already have.  Be very careful as to not apply for too many more cards since that will put you in a position to overspend.  I have some store cards for rebuilding purposes, now I have two bank cards (Discover It and Chase Freedom) that signal the end of my rebuilding, that I just now need to get utilization down on.  Get utilization down, sit on those cards a while, let them age, and maybe go for a CSP to go with Freedom (or Freedom Unlimited should I decide that two 5% category cash back cards are too many).  

Be very selective with what you apply for, and absolutely sure it fits your needs. 

I have Freedom, Venture, Quicksilver and now Discover. I have no need for any additional cards in the near or distant future. I NEVER go above 8% uti. 

My re-build platform has been established. Now to maintain, grow & respect what I have done and never let what I let happen, happen again ever. I will now work feverishly at getting my last paid collection off my files. 

I would not bother with a store card. They are classified as revolving accounts, but are scored slightly less than bank cards. It should not hurt you in the least to not have one.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed sub prime and only store card.

Thanks Norm.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.