Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed vs. Removed collections?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed vs. Removed collections?

Actually my score went up 16 points on my FICO my credit check total nothing happened but I only get Experian update daily my 3 Bureau is not for another 3 weeks and it was on Credit Karma that this took place so like I said I know the scores are not real however 100. Drop is significant I don't care what the measure is The Collection was for 250 and its 6 years old and I paid it about 46 months ago but it was reporting as late I disputed it and had them report correctly and now it shows closed but my score dropped 100 + on Equifax and about 90 on TransUnion on Credit Karma
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is so strange! Was that your oldest acct so now that its closed ur AAoA is way down? Do u think that is why ur score took such a hit?
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading post like this make me really nervous about having paid off my debts Smiley Sad Here's to hoping things turn out ok for my reports. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of my positive account better yet all of my positive account I have an average age of accounts of 7 - 8 months however the way I underscore understand the scoring model is age of account is a medium factor it's not a high factor so even if that is the case I don't think it would result in a hundred Point drop again I'm still figuring things out and my progress has been phenomenal over the past seven to eight months so I know that this score will fluctuate I hope I really don't know what to think I'm so confused but I'm trying to stay positive
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. Im sure u will be fine...so let me get this right...it dropped 100 pts on CK but went up 16 on fico?
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Now im even more confused....so why would my score INCREASE? and why on EQ? There was no change reported with them?

Because CK does not use FICO scoring. They use Vantage 3.0, which is a useless FAKO. Use CK for monitring you report for changes, but ignore their scores.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.