Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Cap 1 Secured

tag
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Re: Closing Cap 1 Secured

@GooseGirl wrote:

When you are close to your 1 year you could call and see if they would waive the annual fee. Even if they don't, I would still pay the $29 and keep it open for 1 more year for maximum scoring benefit. I have definitely paid $29 for worse reasons Smiley Happy

MyJourney:  No, I have not contacting them yet, but based on this forum, Cap 1 has a terrible record for waiving AFs.

GooseGirl:  You and others make a good point.  I have wasted $29 on worse things, so I will hide the CC in my drawer until it's 2 yrs old.  Thank you everybody.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 11 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@OneDay_750 wrote:

@GooseGirl wrote:

When you are close to your 1 year you could call and see if they would waive the annual fee. Even if they don't, I would still pay the $29 and keep it open for 1 more year for maximum scoring benefit. I have definitely paid $29 for worse reasons Smiley Happy

MyJourney:  No, I have not contacting them yet, but based on this forum, Cap 1 has a terrible record for waiving AFs.

GooseGirl:  You and others make a good point.  I have wasted $29 on worse things, so I will hide the CC in my drawer until it's 2 yrs old.  Thank you everybody.

Buzzz wrong answer LolSmiley LOL

Seriously tho Cap1 is quick to waive a AF and I haven't seen many cases where they didn't do it while on the phone...

It never hurts to ask trust me they waived mine and added rewards before I even got off the phone....Pls ask them first...Deal? 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 21
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Deal!  Did you call their backdoor number to request the AF waiver or just the regular CS #?

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 13 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@OneDay_750 wrote:

Deal!  Did you call their backdoor number to request the AF waiver or just the regular CS #?

Neither the best way to go is 

FB message 

or 

Email to EO 

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1LENN_enUS462US462&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&i...

1st one on the list 

No personal info just name and number you can be reached at if emailed and subject of concern (AF) 

Good luck

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 14 of 21
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

I forgot to cal EO to have fee waived, and they automatically gave me a discount.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 15 of 21
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE:

So, what are the odds that while I'm trying to close my CAP 1 CC, I get an email that reads:  "We’d love to hear your feedback regarding your recent credit line increase. "

SAY WHAT?!?!  Now my CL is a whooping $550.  They gave me a $300 CLI.  I feel bad Man Sad  LOL

Message 16 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@OneDay_750 wrote:

UPDATE:

So, what the odds that while I'm trying to close my CAP 1 CC, I get an email that reads:  "We’d love to hear your feedback regarding your recent credit line increase. "

SAY WHAT?!?!  Now my CL is a whooping $550.  They gave me a $300 CLI.  I feel bad Man Sad  LOL

The CAP1 Gods heard you Lol

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 17 of 21
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

BTW, which of the CapOne FB page should I message about the AF waiver?  They seem to have several.  Thank you.

Message 18 of 21
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@OneDay_750 wrote:

BTW, which of the CapOne FB page should I message about the AF waiver?  They seem to have several.  Thank you.

I also have a CapOne secured card a little over 2 years old now. Glad I'm lurking today, I wouldn't have known to ask for a waiver. I might just keep it an extra year if they waive it come next april when I was planning to close out.

Also, $29 versus an unknown amount but some benefit on score. I think you're fine even if you close early. You have great cards/limits, they'll age. On the flip side, yeah its only $29. Then again, could be saving $29.

Message 19 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@OneDay_750 wrote:

Pretty sure they all lead to the EOSmiley Wink

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.