Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Credit Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing Credit Card?

I have a Credit One card (I know, I know their rates are awful and high fees). I am nearing my year with this card - I just paid it off completely. My question is - I plan to close this card due to Cap1 approvals and the exorbitant AF, is this going to hurt my rebuilding efforts?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closing Credit Card?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Credit One card (I know, I know their rates are awful and high fees). I am nearing my year with this card - I just paid it off completely. My question is - I plan to close this card due to Cap1 approvals and the exorbitant AF, is this going to hurt my rebuilding efforts?

Nope, go ahead and close it, its done its job.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope, go ahead and close it, its done its job.

+1.  You don't need that in your portfolio any longer.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! That's what I thought - but wanted some reassurance. Now to work on getting a couple PFDs done and then staying under the radar for awhile - hopefully can get into the 650s by the end of the year. Not sure if that's doable, but it's a goal.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They offered to lower my $75 AF to $35 and drop my interest rate from 24.9 to 18.9 for 6 months - but I held strong and still closed it. LOL Would rather build a relationship with a better card company.

Message 5 of 8
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

You have it's replacement. Close the card, it won't effect you at all. It will continue for AAoA for 10 more years.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! It is closed, the CSR guy seemed sad when I stuck to my guns about closing it. Hope he doesn't get flogged or anything for letting one out of their clutches LOL

Message 7 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! It is closed, the CSR guy seemed sad when I stuck to my guns about closing it. Hope he doesn't get flogged or anything for letting one out of their clutches LOL

:rofl:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.