Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co pay or no?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Co pay or no?

I have a $57 Co for centerpoint on my ex and eq? It's almost 4 years old? Should I do anything with it?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Co pay or no?

Any advise? It is my only co rest of my reports are clean
Message 2 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I don't know what Centerpoint is. Is that a revolving account? Does it update every month?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a utility company for gas
Message 4 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Try a PFD

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I do that?
Message 6 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Call them and ask if they'll delete the account if you pay in full. If they say yes, get it in writing before you pay it.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is common, after taking a charge-off, for the creditor/business to then refer or sell the bad debt to a debt collecor, which can result in the addition of a collection to your credit report.  You will then be forced to deal with removal of both the charge-off reported by the business, and the collection reported by the debt collector.

One cannot negotiate or agree to deletion of any reporting made by the other, so removal of all major derogs is more difficult.....

I would offer the business a pay for deletion of their reported derogs (or even the entire account).

If they wont PFD, then I would still spend the $57 to avoid reporting of a collection.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.