Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-signed a loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Co-signed a loan

About 3 yrs ago I cosigned for a car for my gf. A few months ago I went to purchase a new car & found out she was 30 days late 6 or 7 times in the past yr or so. This affected my interest rate. Her car was paid off this month & I want to see about getting those dings off my credit. I know I cosigned & should be on the hook for keeping loan current & such. But I honestly was not made aware until early February. I am hoping to go the goodwill deletion route & was hoping someone's who has dealt with Wells Fargo might be able to point me in right direction. Me & gf are going separate ways come August & a boost in my score will drop my interest rate when I refi our house in my name. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Co-signed a loan

@Anonymous wrote:
About 3 yrs ago I cosigned for a car for my gf. A few months ago I went to purchase a new car & found out she was 30 days late 6 or 7 times in the past yr or so. This affected my interest rate. Her car was paid off this month & I want to see about getting those dings off my credit. I know I cosigned & should be on the hook for keeping loan current & such. But I honestly was not made aware until early February. I am hoping to go the goodwill deletion route & was hoping someone's who has dealt with Wells Fargo might be able to point me in right direction. Me & gf are going separate ways come August & a boost in my score will drop my interest rate when I refi our house in my name. Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forums!!! 30 day lates start losing their sting roughly after 2 yrs. From what I have seen and read getting to GW Well's Fargo is a tough shell to crack. You can try to get a few off I'm not sure if they will do all of them. If they can't do all of them they will remain on your cr for 7 yrs from each occurance. I would try calling their Credit reporting department, be honest and nice I'm sure they could atlease remove a few. Good Luck and keep me updated!!!!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.