Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colections , Negative Accounts, Closed Accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Colections , Negative Accounts, Closed Accounts

Hello Community!

I've pulled all three reports using Equifax. What is the difference between Collections, Closed Accounts, and Negative Accounts.

I am new to this forum. I want to raise my credit score to 720.

From what i have read, credit utilization is huge and impacts my score. As a result, i am in the process of paying down all credit cards. I have some collections, closed accounts, and negative accounts. I am not sure how to handle these.

I would really appreciate some help and guidance.....

My current scores are:

566 Equifax; 548 Transunion; 531 Experian

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Colections , Negative Accounts, Closed Accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Community!

I've pulled all three reports using Equifax. What is the difference between Collections, Closed Accounts, and Negative Accounts.

I am new to this forum. I want to raise my credit score to 720.

From what i have read, credit utilization is huge and impacts my score. As a result, i am in the process of paying down all credit cards. I have some collections, closed accounts, and negative accounts. I am not sure how to handle these.

I would really appreciate some help and guidance.....

My current scores are:

566 Equifax; 548 Transunion; 531 Experian

A collection is when a creditor sends an overdue bill outside their institution to a business that specializes in collecting debt.

A closed account is just that closed it can be a COed account or a paid as agreed account.

A negative account is a COed account, a collection agency entry or a public record entry.  A negative also applies to a late payment.

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.