Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect America to Square Two Financial

tag
jmack711
Regular Contributor

Collect America to Square Two Financial

Hey guys here's the scoop. I had a collection account that I settled with Collect America back in 2005. So I contacted someone via email regarding a GW gesture to remove the account. The person did in fact agree to remove the account. However, now the account is showing up as Square Two Finanical. The account has all of the same information including the address and phone number. What do you guys think I should do? Should I contact the individual from Collect America to see what is going on or should I contact Experian?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collect America to Square Two Financial

I just did a quick google search and couldn't find a link between the two. Save copies of reports showing that link. I'd first send a GW to this new company with a copy of Collect America's agreement. If that didn't work, after 45-60 days, I'd send everything to the CRAs proving that link and it should come off.
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Duh...I should have searched for "Collect America" first:

http://www.squaretwofinancial.com/transition/transition-ca.html

Message 3 of 6
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, if I was you I would contact Collect America to see what is going on talk to someone who is superviory level first also do you have anything in writing in regards to deleting this account because if all else fails with Collect America send the information you have to EX.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 6
jmack711
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys for the responses. Lol Ilecs I did the same thing I just looked up Square Two and not Collect America. Tray I do still have the emails that were exchanged with the individual from Collect America. SO I believe I'm gonna shoot him an email. I'm thinking that Collect America has changed their name once again and that they  only update their accounts every 45 or so. So wish me luck and thanks again!!
Message 5 of 6
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

Any updates?

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.