Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect Corp

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Collect Corp

So i called UofP today and they said this company is who is "Managing" the account....

So i called them and asked for my account information and what not, and if they owned the account, or if they were managing it.

That being said, before i pay a dime to them i am sending a DV to them..... the guy told me they aready sent that....

In addition - they said they sent it to some address i havent lived at for YEARS - and then listed off some random other address like something west irving? 

I dont know where they are getting their info but it is WRONG lol.....

For a company that "Manages" a debt - has anyone had any experiance? 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Collect Corp

You will find CSR's have little knowledge, if any about credit reporting.They only understand collecting money.

Ask to talk with a manager or a supervisor.

Benjamin--V is talking about a debt with the Univ of Phoenix.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 6
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Sorry to bump an older thread, but i have since pushed this company to the side....

Well the UofP is no longer willing to work with me on paying my debt in full directly to them (what the world?!?!) lol.....

I cant find anything for this company but the address they provided me with......

I called the number the UofP provided and i think they are going to get this taken care of.....

The guy on the phone stated that they are authorized to offer deletions of line items placed on my credit by the UofP to have them deleted since they are now the managing company.....

UGH is this true? 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 6
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

WOW OKAY!!!

SO ... what a bunch of crooks!

I just got off the phone with a supervisor there ar collect corp..... Collection Corp, whatever they are called..... the crazy woman on the phone went balistic on my.... i was asking for a PFD...

They report that she can only do what the UofP has advised them they can do. 

I said to her "There is no reason for anyone to pay a debt they justfully do not owe if it is not removed from their credit report. A paid collection and a collection with a balance report the same. The only difference is if it affects your utilization." 

she didnt know what to say but went back to her script saying that they want to collect this debt and the UofP will only report it as paid.

Message 4 of 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

okay...so where are things now?

Do you owe the money?  If you do, push the money to UoP - they will accept it (most likely).

Message 5 of 6
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

It has been taken care of.... Collect Corp is hilarious....

I was on the phone with the guy and paid through him and everything (i know. ugh) and he asked if he should be paid for collecting my debt, or the woman i last spoke with.....

I said well, you by far have been the nicest person.....

He brought his supervisor on the phone and asked me to tell him that he should be paid....

After a few moments and i was supposed to hang up but just put my phone on mute, the manager went CRAZY on this new guy, who said he had only been working there for a month....

talking about how dare you ask a customer who should be paid, are you stupid or something?

Absurd practices there.... 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.