Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collectible Management Resources refusing deletion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collectible Management Resources refusing deletion

Situation in a nutshell: Ambulance charges were charged in error by the VA, Ambulance billing manager agreed to close collection account, collection manager acknowledged request by ambulance manager but is still refusing deletion (basically still trying to get money from me).

I already have a complaint against Collectible Mangement Resources that is pending with the CFPB and will call them tomorrow to update the new info regarding collection manager actions.

What other action should I take if any?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collectible Management Resources refusing deletion

@Anonymous wrote:

Situation in a nutshell: Ambulance charges were charged in error by the VA, Ambulance billing manager agreed to close collection account, collection manager acknowledged request by ambulance manager but is still refusing deletion (basically still trying to get money from me).

I already have a complaint against Collectible Mangement Resources that is pending with the CFPB and will call them tomorrow to update the new info regarding collection manager actions.

Thanks in advance.

Wait for the results of the CFPB complaint if it remains a problem you need to have in writing that the billing is in error from the VA and you threaten the CA with an ITS (Intent to Sue) letter, the basis of course is attempt to collect a debt that is non existant.

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You first need to file a dispute of the accuracy of the collection based on the facts that show no debt.

Once you have their written decision on the dispute, if they still have not deleted, then you can pursue lack of proper investigation of your dispute.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I already have a complaint against Collectible Management Resources that is pending with the CFPB and will call them tomorrow to update the new info regarding collection manager actions.

Thanks in advance.

Wait for the results of the CFPB complaint if it remains a problem you need to have in writing that the billing is in error from the VA and you threaten the CA with an ITS (Intent to Sue) letter, the basis of course is attempt to collect a debt that is non existant.

Any initial decision done by the VA needs to be appealed, in other words, the will not admit any wrong doing until the appeal hearing (a request of actually hearing takes forever, I have been waiting over a year) but I will still try to get a letter tomorrow and the intent to sue is another good idea thanks again.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

You first need to file a dispute of the accuracy of the collection based on the facts that show no debt.

Once you have their written decision on the dispute, if they still have not deleted, then you can pursue lack of proper investigation of your dispute.

Are you referring dispute with credit bureau's? I have done this already with all 3 of them with details and proof of my claim with no results.

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, I was referring to a dispute via the CRA.

Once you have obtained a verification of the accuracy in a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, you can pursue your own civil action contesting the reasonableness of the investigation conducted by the furnisher of the information.  That will interject a third party (the court) to make a binding determination.

You can also file a complaint with the CFPB.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

To my suprise the VA admitted to the error in writing and I sent it to CFPB Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOOOHOOO !!!!!! one collection just dropped off today Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy: Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.