Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection $10.10 Bill Verizon Inquiry Never had

tag
NY2014
Established Contributor

Collection $10.10 Bill Verizon Inquiry Never had

Hello again I should keep a journal keeps getting a consistent log.

We'll today I received a Collection Notice from a CA I owe $10.10 this is just another bill that I disputed in Last November when I never signed up for a Verizon account and it's on my credit report oct 2013 I contacted Verizon they said ok will make a note of that and stop the account and I'm facing a collection so $10.10 I contacted this collection agency .Well after I told them this account I never have a Verizon told me just pay the bill and it will be removed from your credit . I responded .So you reported .the rep said yes . Your send me a $10 collection and you reported this and Verizon reported hit my credit with a hard pull I never Authorized so pay this . We'll upset that I am .i told them it's not reporting yet and if you do report this I see this on my credit I will come after both you and Verizon for fraud and attempt to destroy my life and credit for $ 10.10 we'll after I calmed down .i came here
Should I be upset ? I reported back in November Identity Theft and one after another bill or calls keeps me busy from after affects.
But the strange part about this one Verizon says I ordered service at the address I I'm living at now . Just to strange .
I'm asking what are my options to stop them from reporting and ruin my credit I'm trying to keep a float .
Thanks
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection $10.10 Bill Verizon Inquiry Never had

Did you send a fraud report to the CRAs?  If so, then nothing they report should show up.  i had a problem like this from a home security company, it took a letter from my attorney to stop them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 8
NY2014
Established Contributor

Thanks Shogun it's LAWYER UP TIME ..
$10 collect broke the straw !
Thanks LOL
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The underlying issue, in my opinion, is whether Verison has some documentation in their files, accurate/fruadulent  or not, that supports a determination by them that you are the responsible party for the asserted debt.  They have no requirement to conduct a private investigation of whether authorization for an account or transactions was actuaully submitted by you or someone using your identity.

Their actions to pursue collection of the debt by themselves or through a debt collector, if based on a good-faith reliance of documentation, or their reporting to the CRAs, would not constitute fraud on thier part.

A dispute of account not mine requires them to investigate, and make a determination that they have basis to verify.  They need not "prove" the legal responsibility for the debt in order to support verifcation.

That is the reason why the identity theft provsions were added to the FCRA.... a means of blocking any information related to asserted identity therft from a consumer's credit report without the consideration of proofs by either party.  If you put your assertion that you never authorized the transactions into a sworn police report, and send it to the CRA with a request under FCRA 605B that it be blocked from your credit report, the CRA must block.

The creditor or debt collector has no part or responsibility in that blocking, and it does not bar them from reporting.  It bars the CRA from then including that information in any credit report they issue.

If you submitted a block under section 605B supported by a copy of a police report, your issue would be with the CRA if they continue to include information related to that identity theft in a credit report, not with a furnisher who reports information related to that identity theft information to the CRA.

Have you complied with the identity theft blocking requirements of section 605B by sending a police report to the CRA, and if so, has the CRA notified you of their acceptance of that block?

I would refrain from asserrting fraud or misconduct on the part of the creditor or debt collector by pursuing collection or reporting to a CRA unless aware that they admit that the account/debt is not yours, and yet they pursue such actions.

Message 4 of 8
NY2014
Established Contributor

Hi Robert I really like when you respond can I hire you as my adviser or lawyer lol
Seriously in all respect .im all FTC out affidavit and rewriting my problems and Issues . In case by all means . I was assigned to a fraud case detective because I filed enough police report to get some action even filed a complaint against the department because I was following all procedures according to FTC step by step and sent every document to EQ ."Note' sent everything to EQ security freeze request all agencies responded immediately and took care of everything was in reports and beyond . "Note again " the same CRA that advised me to lick my credit and to have a freeze my account and opt out until 2021 have not put any freeze or locked my account under the federal law of an identify theft victim
I reported inquiries that where fraudulent and sent documents filed they also made mistakes and always came back from a dispute the collection agencies CA and my report is an ample example of iidenity victim spending time and money . Because they are to lazy and use this excuse frivolous word back and forth it's the company resoinsblities to remove the inquiries I don't get it what I'm I doing wrong here ! The detective gives me advise change your # change your passwords send letters to your creditors .they ignore them telling you to prove this is not you ' what statement is that " a CA tells you this when you tell them it's a fraudulent account . A different old address. It sounds like I'm all over the place .id because I am . It's become a part time job . In respect clearing my reputation is more of an issue and my rights So to answer the question I have filed many reports contacted SS 6 names under my SS . IRS . Calls from bogus 20 a day collections and a CRA telling you do you want to dispute this again. So anyone where do I go from here . Never been in this situation in my life ! Never had personal credit the little I had it's being destroyed and my reputation. So I coming to a lawyer
Again I do Value everyone here gave great opinions but u need serious help .im a modest person. It's beginning to anger frustrations is clouding my thinking a$ 10 collection in the mail box they said they will handle it and still they send this to collection
Great statement for customer service .

No pun intended
From your Grungy old Fico member newbie
Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You have been given the best advice possible, get a lawyer..... Good luck on getting it resolved Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Having gone round and round with Verizon with an old account that was NOT mine (and having won after much effort).Think about it, they are busting YOUR chops over $10, so if it was me, I'd bust their chops back and make them spend a lot more than $10.

#1 File a BBB complaint (which helped my case) - they'll need to respond (aganist the CA and Verizon).

#2 File a CFPB complaint - they'll need to respond (again, against the CA and Verizon).

#3 Get on Facebook - all business(es) are promoting their companies on Facebook today, make a stink on the Verizon page.
(Cap-1 improved their EO access a lot because of Facebook).

#4 File a fraud dispute with all 3 CRA's

You have your documentation and "they" are refusing to budge over $10? I can't even imagine a CA willing to put any effort into a $10 recovery, call them and DV them and bug them everyday.  Legally go cost they much more time, money and effort than its worth - a lawyer just seems too expensive over $10 even if you could find one willing to take the case.

I feel your pain, it took me almost a year to get Verizon to drop all their bogus demands and another 4 months to get all 3 CRA's to stop reporting, but once I got to a real person in Verizon management, that part was fixed in a couple of weeks.

Message 7 of 8
NY2014
Established Contributor

Thanks for that incentive and encouragement . pipguy , its a bit overwhelming and i revised my post because i'll start getting  very angry and frustrated and foget, the basics.but yes i will take this into note and will handle this appropriately and with strong legal language.I will put into force.

ok thanks going to rewrite and rewrite my letters and complaints have them all done and out early morning . will keep posted. 

regards 

BB

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.